- What is the message? What do you want it to do, How do you want audience to respond.
- Copy platform- bullet points of feature points you want the customer to hear.
- Main idea of the ad or spot (context of message delivery) humor, voice over, situation
- AIDA formula: parts of the advertising ad, print or broadcast-A.I.D.A.
- Attention getting devices
Choice of media, match to audience, media buying
- Print and Broadcast-include points from the copy platform, the main idea
- Budget allocation: Spend enough, example-antibiotic, must have enough spots
- to get the frequency needed for results.
- Execute the campaign: Get schedule of all ads to run and check them. Make sure you have enough product, sales people, and other materials needed.
- Monitor, ads run as scheduled: deadlines-get all print ads to the paper or magazine within their deadlines. Get radio spots written, produced, and distributed to the scheduled stations.
- Evaluate the results: Was the objective reached? If so, why? If not, why? How can things be improved next time.