- The benefits of using Google Products
- Verifying the web site to us Google Products
- How to register the data feed with Google Products
- How to create the data feed with Google Products
- How to submit the Data Feed to Google Products
In order to use Google Products you need to have at least on of the following.
- An eBay store
- A blog with products on it
- A website with products on it
Research a listing on Google Products
-Want the title of the listing to have less then 500 results
-Be specific with the listing
Steps to verify site with Google products
- Create or Login to your account with Google Products at: http://www.google.com/merchants
- Click on the settings link and click on the verify site link.
- You will be prompted to login to another Google account call Google Web Master tools.
- Then you are given code to put into the header of your web site.
- Once the code is put into the header section of the home page then you can verify the site.
- This leads you back to Google Products and you click on claim your site and you site will be verified with Google Products.
Steps to register the Google Products data feed
- Login to Google Products at http://www.google.com/merchants
- On the left hand side click on Data Feeds
- Name the data feed: products.txt and save your changes.
Creating the Data Feed
You will need some kind of spreadsheet program to create the data feed, the followings are tested and work: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Works Spreadsheet, Open Office Calc (this one is free). There are several fields you have to have setup for your spreadsheet, this can be tricky so you can down a sample spreadsheet that have the fields you need and all you have to do is put in your information.
Download Sample Spreadsheet at: http://base.google.com/base/products.txt
When you create the data feed using the spreadsheet tool you will need to go to Save As and save the spreadsheet as a tab delimited txt file or else the data feed will not upload properly to Google Base.
Then submit the data feed.
- List at least 10 items on Google products if you have an
eBay store or a blog or a web site.