Blogging is a very effective way to drive traffic to your site. However it can also be a bit of a waste of time if it isn’t done right. Always make sure you blog with a purpose. What we mean by that, is choose blog topics that help people solve a problem or meet a need.
Follow these guidelines…
• Create a calendar of pre-emptive blog topics
• Plan at least 3 months in advance
• Make sure to title blog posts. Title them with what you think people are going to search for.
• Make sure each blog post is at least 150 words
• Include in blog post any affiliates that pertain to the blog topic.
• Be Consistent
Guest posting is one of the areas of blogging that gets overlooked the most. There is a lot of value and benefit to guest posting. This class is designed to teach you how and where to guest post. The following steps illustrate this process.
• The first thing you need to do is find some blogs that you can post on. The easiest way to do this is to Google blogs in your market. Google will bring you back the most relevant blogs in your particular market.
• From there nail them down to the top 2 or 3 blogs you want to participate in. There may be more, but you want to focus on the best 2 or 3. Set up your FREE account on those blogs. Once you have done that make sure to setup a “signature” with those blogs, so your website address will automatically appear at the end of each post you make
• Start commenting on blogs that suit your website. Remember to do this strategically and pick the blog posts (threads) that best fit what you offer. Be helpful and informative when you make comments on other blog posts.
• Look for joint venture opportunities with blogging. This is a great place to try to find people in the industry you can sign contracts with (refer to the light bulb example from the class)
• Lastly remember to BE CONSISTANT. The only way this is going to benefit you is if you do this on a consistent basis.