Squidoo.com is an interesting internet entity. Strange name but very useful website. Very usefull for many reasons including promoting a passion and interest and also promoting a website or product you have to offer. Squidoo fits into the recent buzz on the internet of Web 2.0. Web 2.0 deals with the ability for like minded individuals to get together and promote and share like minded information on a public platform. You may have heard this done in other ways such as “wikis”, “podcasts”, “social bookmarking” etc.
Some obvious benefits of Squidoo are:
1. If you have your own website, you can use Squidoo to promote your site, and attract visitors which can increase your footprint on the web, which intern can create higher page rank.
2. Promote and highlight your favorite blog posts and topics. of information.
3. Earn money by adding your products or affiliates prodcuts on your site to sell and monitize your efforts.
Setting up a squidoo lense is simple. You will head to Squidoo.com and register for a free account. Then follow the outline to creat your lense. Start adding relevant content to your lense so tyou can increase your visiblility on the web.
Different ways you can provide relevant content are 1. add an rss feed to your lense. Link specifically back to your blogs feed, and everyime you add new blog posts, it will update new content to your lens.
To monetize your lens, you should also include backlinks to your website. You can increase rankings which sends more traffic to your lens and in turn your own website. You can also promote your own products and affiliate products on your lens as well.
Important points to keep in mind when setting up your lens:
1. Register for your lens, choose the do your own thing option so you can choose how your lens works.
2. Select a title and URL on your page based on keywords. Make those titles keyword rich.
3. Be sure to include the URL you want your Squidoo lens to point to.
4. When creating tags, be sure they are keyword rich as well.